1. For a really moist fruitcake, use marmalade instead of candied peel.
2. Always soak your dried fruit overnight and for extra flavour soak the fruit in apple or orange juice or marinate in your favourite liqueur (brandy) for three days, stirring it every 12 hours.
3. If you are adding dried fruit then it should be plump and soft, if it has gone horrible and hard, then soak in hot water for a few minutes before adding it to your mixture
4. For an extra rich, tasty fruitcake, use cold coffee instead of milk.
5. For a moist fruitcake with extra flavour, grate a cooking apple into the mixture.
6. For a moister fruitcake in electric ovens or Agars, place a dish of water on the floor of the oven when baking.
7. Always cool fruitcakes for 10 to 15 minutes on a rack in the dish in which…
View original post 88 more words